The Board of Evangelism shall consist of four or six members elected by the Voters’ Assembly. The term of office shall be for two years and a member may be re-elected for one consecutive term. The chairperson of the Board shall be elected and shall be a member of the Church Council. The Board shall elect a secretary to take meeting minutes. If unable to attend a Church Council or Voters’ meeting, the chairperson shall designate another Board member to attend. The Board of Evangelism shall meet monthly prior to the Church Council meeting. Two board members shall be elected each year. The congregation encourages the participation of associate members to help carry out the objectives of the Board.
The Board of Evangelism shall:
- Evaluate and provide for the implementation of such programs and ministries as are necessary to bring the Gospel to the unchurched in our area.
- Encourage and enlist the members of the congregation in extending personal witness.
- Use various means of communication to further the Word.
- As persons are won for Christ and accept membership in our congregation, this Board shall share with the Board of Stewardship the responsibility of integrating them into the life and work of the congregation.
- Work with all members, boards, and auxiliary organizations of this congregation in providing training for evangelism work and the necessary procedures to involve both young and old of this congregation in reaching people in our area.
- Plan and supervise religious surveys of the community.
- Arrange for the maintenance of record files in order to keep an evangelism follow-up program active.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in training the laity to invite prospective members to the pastor’s adult information classes.
- Publicize and promote Christ Lutheran Church.