Christ Lutheran Church was organized and built in the year 1910 through the efforts of a few members of Trinity Lutheran Church, Lone Oak, in Eagan, MN, who wanted a place of worship closer to their homes. Reverend C.F. Walther became the first pastor of the new church. By the year 1915 the congregation had erected an 18 ft by 26 ft school building. The supervisor and director of education was Reverend Arthur Halboth. Christ Lutheran School was in operation from 1916 to 1942.
As spiritual and physical growth continued, the congregation erected a parsonage in 1938. The parsonage was used until 1979 when it was sold and moved to another location. In 1958 the old church building and schoolhouse were sold and moved to Shakopee, MN. Shortly thereafter, on Sunday, November 11, 1959, a cornerstone was laid for the new church and educational facility. In 1960 a new sanctuary was completed and dedicated. Throughout the next 20 years numerous additions were made.
The number of baptized members increased from 120 in 1930 to 1453 in 1996. On April 11, 1979, the ground was broken for a $500,000 building. By December of 1979 the first Sunday Services were held in the present sanctuary, with Reverend Norman Spomer and Reverend Otto Schlegelmilch serving as pastors. The seating capacity in the new sanctuary was 500. A preschool for four and five year olds was started in 1995.
We are thankful for the blessings God has bestowed on our congregation. We look forward to writing future chapters of history for Christ Lutheran Church.