Members of the Board of Finance shall be elected. They will serve for a two calendar year term and may be re-elected for one consecutive term. The Board, in addition to the Financial Secretary, shall consist of one member for each 100 sets of envelopes. They shall meet regularly as deemed necessary to fulfill their responsibilities.
The Board of Finance shall:
- Be assigned a numbered list of contributing members for the purpose of recording envelope contributions at regular meetings.
- Record member contributions weekly in the manner specified and in books provided by the congregation.
- Assist in opening envelopes at regularly scheduled meetings of the Board.
- Give the Financial Secretary all money and checks contributed, accompanied by an accurate tabulation of gifts by numbered envelopes.
- Assist the Financial Secretary in the duties of his/her office when requested.
- Mail a statement of contributions made to each assigned member at least semi-annually.
- Surrender to the administrative secretary of the church the completed annual contribution report for each member after January 1 of the succeeding year.
- Properly secure all money.